Monday, September 27, 2010

Flesh (and Updating) Failures

Hello everyone! Once again, the rehearsal process has utterly distracted me from updating this blog, but I couldn't let this show escape me without at least one entry. First of all, I have to say that the cast we have for Hair is just... amazing. Incredible. Outstanding. All of the above. The talent level is through the roof and the chemistry between the actors is inspiring. When you're dealing with intense subject material such as that in Hair, the cast can really make or break it. When blocking the final number of Act I ("Where Do I Go") was enough to make a few of the cast members teary-eyed, myself included, I knew things were on the right track. The Tribe is already building the base of a connection that's going to bring this production to a new level, and I'm really honored to be a part of it.

Oh yes, and we've found ourselves a set designer. Whereas with Reefer Madness we simply rented platforms and covered them with strips of fabric (CLASSY, RIGHT), Thomas Crabtree of Crabtree Construction has taken on the arduous task of building us a series of steps and platforms, along with a 6 foot wooden scaffold. This, paired with the fact that we have the INFAMOUS Vickie Scott handling our lighting design, makes it hard to not get overly excited, even with weeks to go.

Two weeks in and we've survived our first Act I run-through... all in all, a successful start!

No comments:

Post a Comment