Friday, January 15, 2010

Quotations

A few quotes about theatre and the arts to hold you over!


"Always over-estimate the public's intelligence. They will thank you for it.”
– Laurence Luckinbill, Broadway and film actor

“I could not imagine a theatre worth my time that did not want to change the world.”
– Arthur Miller, playwright

“When I began writing for the musical theatre, I firmly believed that what I chose to put onstage had the potential of changing people’s lives.”
– Sheldon Harnick, Broadway lyricist

“Don't sell audiences short. They are open to the adventurous, the challenging, even the dangerous.”
– Hal Prince, Broadway producer/director

"Treat your audiences like geniuses and poets and that's what they will become."
– Del Close, actor, teacher, writer, improv pioneer

"The adventure you're ready for is the one you get."
- Joseph Campbell

"Words are loaded pistols."
- Jean-Paul Sartre, philosopher

"I like to play with people's danger zones."
- George Carlin, comedian

“I like that art makes people mad. It delights me."
– John Waters, filmmaker


DON'T FORGET!
Auditions are going to be held February 6th and 7th at Santa Barbara Dance Arts. Be sure to write Sara (reefercasting@hotmail.com) and send over your headshot and resume if you'd like to make an audition appointment. They're filling up fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment